|Particular||31st March, 2019|
|31st March, 2018|
|Investment in Land||3,00,000||3,00,000|
|Shares in Damodar Ltd.||1,50,000||1,50,000|
|12% Long-term Investments||80,000||50,000|
|Plant and Machinery||7,50,000||6,00,000|
1. A piece of land was purchased as an investment out of surplus. It was let out for commercial purpose and the rent received was Rs. 20,000.
2. Dividend received from Damodar Ltd. @ 12%.
3. Patents written off to the extent of Rs. 20,000. Some patents were sold at a profit of Rs. 10,000.
4. A machine costing Rs. 80,000 (depreciation provided thereon Rs. 30,000) was sold for Rs. 35,000. Depreciation charged during the year was Rs. 70,000.
5. During the year 12% investments were purchased for Rs. 1,00,000 and some investments were sold at a profit of Rs. 10,000. Interest on investments for the year was duly received.